What is Affiliate marketing ?
Affiliate marketing is a type of marketing in which the affiliate earns commissions for every lead or sale that they generate.
There are two types of affiliate marketing:
- Pay per click (PPC): where the affiliates are paid when someone clicks on their link to buy goods
- Pay per lead (PPL): where the affiliates earn a commission when there is a conversion
The benefits of using this type of marketing strategy include:
- No fulfillment or shipping costs.
- All successful sales are guaranteed.
- Offers intangible products with little to no risk in product return rates.
An affiliate’s success is dependent on how well its marketing strategies pay off.